Welcome to our website !

THE DAYS POCKET

a lifestyle blog Written by Bite Boo

D.I.Y. BEER HAIR MASK

By 17:37 , , , , ,



I decided to dedicate Sunday for a  D.I.Y. beauty posts. This time it will be hair mask, which I tried yesterday. It wasn't the first time for a homemade mask for me, but it was the first in trying something with "smell". I was told many times, that beer may leave some of it in my hair for a long time, so I was a bit afraid. Still, I thought, that I have not so many tasks to do next days, so resolved to make it.

After spending some time on the internet, I found that beer contains B vitamins that load up your hair with shine, (if You prefer Lithuanian read the info here), which I really needed. Yoghurt aids growth (in LT here). I also added some oil mix to my roots, as they stimulates growing too. But it's up to You - originally was only two components.
*** 

INGREDIENTS* & TIME
  • Natural yoghurt
  • Any kind of beer
  • Oil mix** (optional)
  • Polyethylene film (for wrapping)
  • Warm hat or towel (I always use my big faux-fur hat)
  • 10 minutes to mix and add & 30 minutes (or more) to stay in.

    *choose more yoghurt and less of beer, otherwise it would be too thin. I added 50 ml of both, and it were running on my face. It's little to say, how I disliked that.
    ** Here I used burr's and olive oil

 HOW TO
  • Mix beer and Yoghurt together
  • Warm up oil (in a bowl with hot water) - be careful about temperate - it should be warm, but not hot!
  • Add oil to the roots and massage, while keeping your head down.
  • Add the beer&yoghurt mix to whole hair. 
  • Leave it for half an hour or more, If you have some time!

    BEFORE & AFTER
I am not sure it's easy to see, but my hair changed in a good way! I have more shiny and smooth hair today - so it worked quite well! Are You curious about the smell? Any trace left. Yay!
  • Would I make it next time? Not sure - I didn't like the liquid consistency, but I believe it was only my fault. Maybe I had to leave less wet hair before wrapping a film on it? Though, I have tried better ones for shine and gloss! 
  • Would I use a beer in my hair next time? Definitely! I want my hair grow faster so badly and I will do almost anything!


***

Has anyone ever tried this? Or maybe You are the one, who has the best hair-growth recipe? Please, share it in the comments and tell me more about Your beauty time!

You Might Also Like

12 komentarai (-ų)

  1. Must try ;D

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    AtsakytiPanaikinti
  2. So glad to read your revew I've never used this home mask, but if you can notice the result in one time it must be wonderful more often :-)

    Melange-Boutique Blog by Noe&Lolita

    AtsakytiPanaikinti
    Atsakymai
    1. I would choose another mix with beer next time :) and will post more :)

      Panaikinti
  3. Have you ever tried coconut oil on the ends of your hair as a hair mask? It makes my hair so soft and silky :)
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    AtsakytiPanaikinti
    Atsakymai
    1. Yes, I prefer this oil most of the time! I adore adore adore it!

      Panaikinti
  4. Interesting idea! I have to try

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    AtsakytiPanaikinti
  5. Wow grat post!! xoxo


    http://www.lookandchic.com/

    AtsakytiPanaikinti
  6. I always use coconut for split ends and I tried it as a mask once, but haven't noticed anything (

    AtsakytiPanaikinti

I